Back to Jobs
Level 2 Network / WIFI Support Specialist
Level 2 Technical WI-FI Support Specialist
San Jose, CA 95134
Pay Rate: $17-$20 (based on experience)
Temp to Hire
This position will be interacting with external customers to provide technical solutions via our social media channels. This position will also interact with internal resources as needed to formulate the high quality, public online responses and solutions for our external customers. You will be working hands-on with various products and may need to reproduce, test and validate product functionality based on issues reported.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Partner with Marketing to monitor social media queue and provide technical assistance for various consumer products including routers, multimedia, storage and other networking devices.
• Respond to forum posts when appropriate.
• Gather additional data as needed for escalation.
• Follow-up and manage escalations to ensure SLAs are met.
• Replicate and validate customer reported issues as needed to formulate a response
• Review/validate internal documents and knowledge articles for internal and public dissemination.
• Report new-found product issues to Level 3 Technical Support for their analysis.
• Provide summary reports of reported activity, and responses, brand sentiment, and other metrics of customer experience.
• Other related duties as needed.
• Candidate must have excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written.
• Must have strong technical comprehension - specifically in area of implementation and troubleshooting of networking equipment, including routers, access points, extenders, cable, DSL and network storage technology equipment.
• Must be able to manage workload within SLAs
• Must have strong understanding of networking technologies including wireless, firewalls, routers, local storage and switches.
• Must have solid understanding of multimedia, streaming and video technologies.
• Extensive experience with social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
• Must have strong analytical, organizational, prioritization, and time management skills.
• Experience with Linux networking applications or Linux file systems/administration background is a plus.
• BS degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience and a minimum of 2 years of experience in technical support.