Back to Jobs
Field Service Engineer
Remote Field Service Engineer
Full Time Employee
Pay Rate-$65,000-$70,000k plus OT
Full Benefits, 401k Match, laptop, cell phone
Travel and Per Diem allowance
About the Company:
Our client is the world's leading manufacturer of instrumentation and software used to enhance and extend the operation and performance of electron microscopes. Their brand name is recognized and respected throughout the worldwide scientific community and has been synonymous with high-quality products and the industry's leading technology.
Position Description- You will travel to clients locations throughout your region to provide installation, service support, hardware and software configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance support for the client’s product. You will meet with the client’s team and ensure repaired systems meet operating specifications, documenting service performed.
You must be able to current do or have the aptitude to learn the following quickly:
1. Ability to isolate the system fault at the component level for electronic, vacuum and mechanical systems repair.
2. Complete billing or warranty documentation as needed.
3. Experience with current Personal Computer Windows Operation System (OS) software installation and configuration.
4. Must be a self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision in an isolated environment.
5. Ability to approach problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm and innovation with strong client service attitude.
6. Ability to work on complex learning and development problems as well as teach highly technical information is essential.
7. Ability to interface with people at all levels.
8. Propose design enhancements and improvements.
9. Read and interpret schematics and electrical diagrams through to the component level.
10. Document work performed in a service report
11. Associate’s Degree in Electronics or at least 3 years electro-mechanical repair experience.
12. You are comfortable with up to 70% domestic and international travel.
13. This positions will are located as follows: (1) Chicago, IL, (1) Mid-Atlantic – DC, VA or NC area, (1) Texas – Dallas or Austin
Below is a list of USN/USMC Rates/MOS equivalent experience which may fit this role. Additionally, AFSC/Army MOS related to Avionics and troubleshooting may be a fit.
Nuclear Techs- ET, EM, MM
FT – Fire Control Tech
EM – Electrician’s Mate
AT – Aviation Tech (Intermediate Level a plus)
ET – Electronic Tech
ST – Sonar Tech