Back to Jobs
Stock Clerk/ Expediter
San Marcos, CA
Monday – Thursday: 6am – 4:30pm
Contract to Hire: 4/10 Alternative Work Schedule
Pay Rate: $14 - $15.50
Working under minimum supervision of the Production Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the stock room in the Nuclear Specials Area. The Stockroom/Inventory Clerk will be accountable for the physical and perpetual movement of goods within the Specials area.
Essential Job Functions (primary duties and outputs of position):
· Issuing job orders (picking, kitting, and packaging stock.)
· Complete job order kit paperwork, processing controlled lot number for traceability of material. Move material to designated work center.
· Perform cycle counts per schedule.
· Accurately maintaining inventory records in SyteLine ERP.
· Expediting jobs as necessary to include contacting internal suppliers as needed.
· Keep work area clean and organized following 5S principles.
· Report major problems to supervisor for corrective action in initiating measures to eliminate shortages or heavy workloads.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Follow safe work practices, participate in safety training as required, and report any unsafe condition or accident.
· Employees are responsible to understand and support the quality policy and the appropriate elements of the quality management system for their areas of work, reduce, eliminate, and prevent quality deficiencies
· Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities and/or escapes related to product, process, and quality system.
· Communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
· 2 or more years’ stockroom experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Cycle counting experience preferred.
· Ability to work under minimum supervision.
· Must be precise and accurate while working with a sense of urgency.
· Must be able to read and understand assembly documentation such as assembly drawings, parts lists, and job orders using considerable judgment.
· Able to organize and prioritize work within mandatory time frames to meet or exceed demanded deadlines.
· Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with others.
· Requires computer skills/knowledge, inventory maintenance/management.
· Experience with ERP system required, SyteLine preferred.
· Previous work in an aerospace or nuclear controlled manufacturing setting is preferred.
· This position requires sitting 50% of the time. Standing and walking are required up to 50% of the time. Manual dexterity required in skills for typing, up to 50% of the time. Must be able to lift 25 lbs.