Back to Jobs
Title: Sample Coordinator
Location: Madison, WI 53562
Pay Rate: $14/hr
Contract to Hire
Our client is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. Their partners include pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, academic and government organizations. This is an entry level position with no prior experience needed! It's an amazing opportunity to get your career started in the Pharmaceutical industry!
This client is seeking to add a Sample Coordinator to the team. In this role you will perform a variety of sample and standard handling tasks in support of the laboratory. Follows established SOPs and responds to requests from laboratory staff with minimal supervision from the Senior Sample Coordinator or Supervisor of Sample Management. Assists laboratory staff in following sample handling procedures and enforces these procedures as necessary. Possess a basic understanding of several portions of the overall sample / standard process.
Education and Experience:
• High / Secondary school diploma or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
• Technical positions may require a certificate
• Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to at least 2 years) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proficient computer skills (word, email, data entry, website navigation, etc)
• Basic understanding of inventory flow and control
• Ability to read, identify, and transcribe details accurately
• Ability to multi-task and handle high pressure situations
• Ability to understand and independently apply appropriate laboratory standards to everyday work with regard to documentation and sample / standard handling
• Demonstrates a basic theoretical understanding of the work tasks assigned
• Ability to utilize MS-Word to write/review SOPs and process improvement outlines
• Communicate effectively verbally and through email with supervisor, group, and laboratory staff
• Follow written and verbal instructions including determination of when clarifications are required
• Cooperate with coworkers within an organized team environment or work alone with minimal supervision, display a positive attitude while priorities are shifted to meet business needs
• Manage time effectively to complete assignments in expected time frame and independently seek out additional work when tasks are completed ahead of time
• Maintain a well-organized space for samples and complete all documentation with clear and accurate language and according to applicable SOPs
• Review and provide feedback on laboratory requests, ensuring compliance with applicable SOPs
• Ability to be involved with trouble shooting and problem solving in order to learn possible solutions to problems
• Ability to initiate investigation and deviation forms as necessary, and contribute to CAPAs
Working Conditions and Environment:
• Work is performed in a regulated environment. Ability to work in sub-frozen environments (all levels). Ability to prioritize assignments and work within potentially stressful deadlines (all).
• Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms. May also include shift work.
Please submit your resume in PDF or Word format to be considered!