Supervisor, Production Assemblers - Carlsbad, CA 92010Salary 55kM-F 40 Hours
Under general direction of the Operations Manager is responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of production assembler’s personnel engaged in the industrial manufacturing process. Supervises assemblers as assigned. Coordinates activities of workers engaged in producing assemblies and testing of product per a schedule, specifications and work instructions. Confers with manager of Production and reviews production schedules, specifications, and priorities to plan department work assignments. Revises work assignments to meet production schedules and contract priorities.
Essential Job Functions (primary duties and outputs of position):
- Supervises assemblers in the execution of daily/weekly/monthly production schedule.
- Drive continuous improvement through teamwork, skills and capability development of staff.
- Meets or exceeds the productivity and quality goals established for the department.
- Complete and update all necessary production paperwork and records.
- Works with production manager and manufacturing engineer to review, analyze, and identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Work with manager maintaining equipment is safe, efficiently working and powered accordingly.
- Capability to become fluent in all product lines enabling supervisor to train new hires and develop existing assemblers.
- Interprets schematic drawings, blueprints, specifications, and work orders for workers.
- Recommends or implements measures to motivate employees and improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, or efficiency.
- Evaluates and recommends procedures for facility and equipment maintenance or modification.
- Obtains and distributes supplies and materials such as consumable materials and hand tools.
- Analyzes production, quality control, and test reports to detect production problems.
- Examines samples of in-process assembly’s products to ensure assembled products conform to prescribed quality standards.
- Responsible for hiring, training, performance evaluations, disciplinary actions up to, and including, termination of supervised employees.
- Coordinates production activities to ensure maximum safety, quality and productivity while minimizing waste.
- Supervise employee attendance using timekeeping system according to company and state/federal laws.
- Train assemblers on specific functions and processes related to their assigned line assigned.
- Trains employees in work and safety procedures and company policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years’ experience as a supervisor or 3-4 years’ experience in a supervisory role in an Assemble-To-Order (ATO) manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of balancing workloads between workers and work centers.
- Basic understanding and interpretation of control/run charts.
- Basic understanding of measurements.
- Some background in root cause analysis and managing process improvement teams.
- 2-3 years as an assembler III or line experience in a manufacturing position within the organization desirable.
- Basic understanding of employment law as it relates to supervisory duties.
- Some advanced education preferred, including basic math and language skills.
- Must possess strong leadership skills, as well as, facilitation, motivation and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to resolve conflict situations.
- Must have computer skills, ERP (Plex).
- Must be able to interpret engineering drawings, BOM’s, and work instructions.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, including communication with management, peers and staff.
- This position requires sitting, standing, walking and bending.
- Must be able to handle urgencies associated with production demands.
- Experience operating sit-down forklift, preferred
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION