Santee, CA 92071
Our client, a leader in manufacturing machinery, is seeking a Machinist III.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and possess excellent time management skills.
- Set up and operate machine tools for the production of precision parts, fabrications and modifications to print.
- Perform calculations for dimensions and tolerances using math.
- Be responsible for taking measurements of parts to ensure uniformity by using precision instruments.
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise.
- Set up, adjust, and operate all machine tools (including specialized tools) to perform operations.
- Monitor the feed and speed of the machines during the machine process.
- Make fixtures and tooling to meet needs.
- Verify and follow FAI inspection procedures.
- Ensure all machines are running at or at 100%.
- Knowledge of aluminum, titanium, steel, and plastic materials.
- Able to read prints, tolerances, and symbols.
- Knowledgeable of GD & T/ ASME Y14.5M-1994.
- Experience with PC- DMIS CMM is a plus
- Can easily complete paperwork.
- Proficient in shop mathematics, metal properties, and machining procedures.