Product Quality Engineer - Madison, WI 53717
Contract through 6/30/19, potential for conversion
M-F, 8am-5pm (occasional need for some little OT)
Our client is a leading radiation oncology company in Madison, WI that develops, manufactures and sells innovative tumor solutions. They are seeking a Product Quality Engineer
to plan and execute acceptance activities and process enhancements to improve incoming and outgoing material quality and the effectiveness of related processes. They will also help inspect materials per approved plans, audit repair processes, and implement QA review documentation and improvements.
- Implement acceptance plans for components used in the manufacture and service of products
- Execute acceptance activities in accordance with approved plans and company procedures
- Drive robust resolution of identified quality concerns with suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Develop, monitor, and report the status of key performance indicators
- Champion component quality and acceptance process efficiency/effectiveness/throughput improvements
- Promote a culture of high performance, rigor, and accountability
- Other activities and duties as identified by direct supervisor and RQC leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- Willingness to work in both manufacturing and office environments.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift/move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Proficiency with Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word.
- Up to 5% domestic and international travel.
- High level of independence and drive.
- Strong prioritization and organization skills.
- Concise, effective, and persuasive communicator.
- Desire to influence and lead with enthusiasm.
- History of achieving challenging goals.
- Prior lean manufacturing experience.
- Experience utilizing a wide variety of technical documentation and equipment.
- Working knowledge of medical device regulations, standards, and industry best practices.
- Familiarity with statistical tools and techniques.