Title: Industrial Engineer (Continuous Improvements)
Location: Tempe, AZ
Direct Hire/ Permanent
Pay rate: (DOE)
Hours: Full-time M-F
Our client is global communications company that believes everyone and everything in the world can be connected! For more than 30 years, they have helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and military around the world communicate.
They are looking for a dynamic experienced Industrial Engineer (Continuous Improvements)
that will play an important role to the key success of the team! As an Industrial Engineer(IE) – Continuous Improvement(CI) you are joining a growing and dynamic group with tangible opportunity to make your own, personal impact on the competencies and direction of the team. Improvement will be integrated into the IE team and predominately interface with IE – Data Science, Program Management, and Implementation Teams consisting of test engineers, manufacturing engineers, quality engineers, and technicians. You will be the face of change management with ownership of implementation and reporting.
- You will use your continuous improvement experience to tactfully lead the implementation of good change to reduce cost, improve performance, and optimize capacity.
- Solve complex business and manufacturing problems by developing strategic and memorable recommendations for solutions that reduce costs, increase profitability, enhance performance, and transform operations
- Map and cost project proposals, lead Lean events, and project manage the implementation of the stated objectives
- Innate aptitude toward relations development and change management that is supported by a holistic knowledge of continuous improvement and manufacturing operations.
- 5+ years of experience supporting technical manufacturing in an Industrial Engineering, Change Management, Continuous Improvement or similar role
- Bachelor’s in a technical discipline (Industrial Engineering, Process Engineering, Operations Research, Engineering Management, or similar degree)
- Electronic Manufacturing background desired
- Great leadership qualities with the desire to play a role as "consultant" for the company
- Proven ability to own and lead change implementation
- Proven ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences with professional poise and business maturity
- Strong understanding and historical application of Lean, Six Sigma, and other Industrial Engineering methodologies
- Excellent ability to quantify impact and manage cost controls to meet negotiated cost reduction objectives
- Mindfulness and personal charisma to earn respect and influence decisions
- Expertise in understanding and mitigating risks to business operations
- US Citizenship Required
- Up to 20% domestic travel
- Pass background check
If you meet the job requirements, please send your attached resume. Thank you!
- Advanced-level MS Office skills (primarily Project, Excel, and Visio)
- Experience with Minitab or equivalent statistical analysis SW
- Experience with ProModel Process Simulator or Discrete Simulation modeling equivalent
- Programming experience in Python, MATLAB, SQL, HTML, CSS, and/or VBA
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems