Title: Industrial Engineer- Data Scientist
Location: Tempe, AZ
Direct Hire/ Permanent
Pay rate: (DOE)
Hours: Full-time M-F
Our client is global communications company that believes everyone and everything in the world can be connected! For more than 30 years, they have helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and military around the world communicate.
As an Industrial Engineer(IE) – Data Scientist(DS
) at you are joining a growing and dynamic group with tangible opportunity to make your own, personal impact on the competencies and direction of the team
- Interface with Industrial Engineers– Continuous Improvement, design engineering, manufacturing engineering, and test engineering.
- Data analytics that enable the identification of opportunities for improvement. Responsible for the generation and validation of improvement ideas.
- Use your extensive knowledge of data management to pull records from internal test databases, WIP trackers, and Oracle records.
- You will aggregate, distill, and communicate opportunities for improvement to reduce cost, improve performance, and optimize capacity.
- This role will examine both data generated from tested unit performance and manufacturing processes. Example: You may be challenged to interface with design engineering providing solutions for poor yields as well as manufacturing teams to reduce queue variability and wait times
- Effectively use Juypter and other data analysis and visualization tools to quantitatively assess current production and business systems.
- Manufacturing processes based improvements, you will also need to quantify your ideas with Discrete Event simulation.
- Bachelor’s in a technical discipline (Industrial Engineering, Data Science, Operations Research, or similar degree)
- 3+ years of experience supporting technical manufacturing in an Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Manufacturing Analytics, Data Science, Simulation Engineering, or similar role
- Bachelor’s in a technical discipline (Industrial Engineering, Process Engineering, Operations
- Experience in data cleansing, statistics/machine learning, and data visualization packages (i.e. pandas, scikit-learn, matplotlib, seaborn, plotly, etc.)
- Strong statistics/SPC background with an understanding of machine learning.
- Programming expertise in Python, R, MATLAB, or other Data Science specific language (Python preferred)
- Demands an innate aptitude and understanding of data analysis techniques supported by a holistic knowledge of continuous improvement and manufacturing operations.
- Proven ability to internalize ownership and responsibility for idea generation
- Strong understanding and historical application of Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and other Industrial Engineering methodologies
- Desire to learn and continuously adapt to developing software modules and methods.
- A passion to drive decision making by giving data a voice through statistics and visualization
- US Citizenship Required. Sponsorship not provided
- Up to 25% domestic travel
- Pass background check
If you meet the job requirements, please send your attached resume. Thank you!
- Strong preference for exposure to Discrete Event Simulation (Simul8, Arena, ProModel Process Simulator preferred)
- Familiarity with statistical specific software (i.e. MiniTab)
- Advanced-level MS Office skills (primarily Project, Excel, and Visio)
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems