Event Marketing Associate
Long Island, NY
JULY-OCTOBER 2019 WITH POTENTIAL TO EXTEND THROUGH JUNE 2020
$20/hr + Benefits
Why Work For Us
How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." In this position, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
- Administers select on-going programs and/or special projects (e.g. benefit fulfillment, event logistics coordination, event packing, etc.)
- Prepares event related correspondence and reports.
- Develop positive volunteer interactions through recruitment, mentoring, and providing comprehensive support for volunteer
- Maintains assigned office, program and event records, files and databases.
- Connect with vendors to secure the best rate or donation of services needed for the campaign.
- Develop/modify marketing materials (brochures, recruitment, promotional flyers, pledge forms) to promote the fundraising campaign.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the our mission and programs to promote our fundraising, research, and patient initiatives.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 year of sales, marketing, event planning experience
- Collaborate with Mission Team ensuring success of patient access, education, public policy and advocacy and research
- Excellent MS Office Suite (especially EXCEL) and database management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of digital, social media & emerging online channels
- Capable of managing multiple priorities effectively
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Professional and solid judgment.