Behavioral Health Specialist -RN
Newton, MA 02466 – Or Remote
$40-$42 per hour
30 Hours a week
6 Month Contract (potential for perm)
- Degree in nursing preferred. Other healthcare professionals (e.g., Psychiatric Social Worker, Mental Health Counselor, or Psychologist) with license in good standing will be considered. Advanced degree preferred.
- 5 years of behavioral health clinical experience required with utilization management, case management, and hospital experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of behavioral healthcare industry including managed care, regulatory agencies, and levels of behavioral health care helpful.
- Must have solid clinical experience in psychiatric and/or substance use disorder clinical practice settings such as Inpatient, Inpatient Detoxification, Partial Hospital Program, or Inpatient Substance Use Rehabilitation.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Great problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Must be results oriented.
- Must have solid clinical experience in varied clinical practice settings
- Proficient in MS Outlook, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Research and Evidence Based Medicine (EBM) knowledge or experience highly desirable.
- Writing experience and project management highly desirable.
- Knowledge of medical coding schemes desirable.
- Basic understanding of software development phases/life cycles desirable.
Please submit your resume for consideration!