West Chester, Ohio 45071
$18 per hour (weekly pay)
Shift: 11am-7:30pm (30 min lunch)
1 Year Contract
Our client is a growing, dynamic Fortune 100 company focused on developing inhalation combination therapies for the treatment of highly prevalent chronic respiratory diseases, including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma. We are seeking to hire a Material Handler
to support the West Chester, OH location. In this role you will support the Senior Warehouse Manager with moving and transporting material between various operating areas.
- Understand and comply with all applicable SOPs, GMPs and department/site guidelines to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements. (OSHA, FDA, DEA, FTZ etc.)
- Perform SAP transactions for shipping and receiving activities.
- Load/Unload trucks and sea containers.
- Safely and proficiently operate multiple types of Powered Industrial Trucks (PITs)
- Report and help investigate any PIT incident/accident.
- Complete daily PIT safety check lists.
- Safely charge batteries for PITs.
- Safely and proficiently operate all non-PIT equipment including hand pallet jacks, pallet exchange machine, pallet stretch wrappers and pallet banding machine.
- Maintain skill proficiency in SAP (including Radio Frequency devices), WES, Microsoft Outlook, Temp Tracer and any other programs necessary to support all warehouse/label control activities.
- Perform all housekeeping tasks necessary to keep work areas clean and organized.
- Complete cycle counts and location audit activities.
- Perform all warehouse duties related to receiving, shipping and storage of direct materials (raw material, WIP and finished goods), chemicals (including tank farm), HAZMAT materials and non-stock materials.
- Communicate Bill of Lading information with outside truck drivers and carriers.
- Perform all system transactions and updates including BOL, MRR, MMC, POD, DFR, etc. and complete any written documentation required to support these processes or forms.
- Load and unload trucks, sea containers. Including active and passive containers.
- Perform sampling for dangerous chemicals, raw material and packaging components.
- Monitor and maintain inventory of supplies.
- Assist in the review, creation and/or edit process for warehouse SOPs, work instructions and forms. This may involve utilization of Microsoft Word and AZ Doc to complete the document updates.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years shipping and receiving experience in temperature-controlled material.
- Must pass background check
- Previous SAP ERP Warehouse Management experience
- Forklift and DOT training preferred
- Working experience with handling hazardous material a plus!
- Export shipments experience
- Complete PIT Safety Training Course including certification on all types of equipment utilized by the warehouse
- Ability to meet requirements for Dangerous Goods certification
- Comfortable working in an office and plant environment
- Ability to lift 60 lbs
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to respond to emergencies and direct Emergency Response Teams
- Ability to operate all warehouse equipment
- Ability to work varying and extended hours
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Accountability and punctuality
Please submit your resume for consideration!