Billerica, MA 01821
Pay Rate: $18/hr. (Weekly pay)
M – F / 1st shift
– 8am – 4:30pm
Contract to hire
Located at our brand-new manufacturing facility in Billerica, MA as Logistics Specialist - you will be responsible for maintaining inventory integrity and the flow of raw material and finished goods in and out of the facility. This is a unique opportunity for an action-oriented problem solver to be the primary logistics team member at this site.
In this role you will:
We look for candidates who:
- Physically receive inbound raw material and enter the transaction in our ERP system.
- Operate powered industrial trucks (reach truck / forklift / pallet jacks) moving material into and out of facilities, and in tight spaces. Help drive a safety culture for storage and forklift operations
- Work closely with our manufacturing team to ensure they have production material at the point of use.
- Work with our purchasing team to resolve receipt issues.
- Own raw material inventory accuracy and cycle counts.
- Support packaging operations and prepare finished goods for small pack, palletized, and container transport.
- Ship outbound finished goods to our global warehouses and contract manufacturers.
- Manage outbound sample part shipments.
- Use our ERP system to manage materials movements across multiple SC areas such as receiving transactions and inventory transfers.
- Work with carriers, couriers, and freight forwarders to move anything anywhere to support activities
- Have 3-5 years of experience in a factory warehousing / material handling role
- Experience receiving within an ERP system and are comfortable with spreadsheets, collaboration software, and shipping software (i.e UPS Worldship)
- Have a strong sense of initiative, are biased towards action, and can be resilient outside your comfort zone as you take on new tasks
- Highly organized and detail oriented for record keeping of receipts and transfer transactions.
- Can dive into a problem and surface with a concrete plan for the team
- Have high energy and can effectively manage a variety of tasks and responsibilities
- Have strong communication skills
- Experience operating forklifts within a manufacturing environment.
- Integrity and a sense of humor