Title: Accountant/Financial Analyst
Location: San Marcos, CA 92078
Pay Rate: $75K-$80K
Full Time/ Permanent
Our client has been established since 1964 by pioneering the development and application of thermal dispersion flow and level sensing technology. The Company is the world-recognized leading manufacturer for solving flow and level measurement applications for industrial process and plant applications using patented thermal dispersion flow measurement technology. They are seeking an Accountant/Financial Analyst
to join the accounting team. You will have a tremendous amount of opportunity for growth and possibly a leadership role!
- Company accounting, including monthly closings & analysis of results, jointly with Accounting & Cost Accounting Managers
- Maintain fixed assets, prepare property & sales tax filings, and perform internal controls audits.
- Annual budgets and updates, and monthly "Expecteds"
- Automation & integration of Accounting functions and development of financial dash boards
- Completion of a monthly and year-end closing and calculation of "Expecteds," jointly with Accounting & Cost Accounting Managers
- Complete first budget process, jointly with Accounting & Cost Accounting Managers
- Good understanding of existing accounting, banking, order entry and manufacturing processes & procedures, and Company's databases and SYTELINE application software
- Automate and integrate FCI's Accounting systems to eliminate rework and waste, including manual inputting, processing, reconciling, correcting, and a lot, if not all, of the non-thinking work.
- Creating effective working relationships within and outside the Accounting department
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities related to product, process, and quality system.
- Take responsibility for and authority to identify quality deficiencies, elevate any concerns for action within or related to our quality system and processes.
- Understand and support the quality policy and the appropriate elements of the quality management system for their areas of work, reduce, eliminate, and prevent quality deficiencies including escapes.
- Establish effective communication formats, including on-line dash boards and reports.
- Develop a conceptual specification of the "next level" systems
- Follow safe work practices, participate in safety training as required, and report any unsafe condition or accident.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting preferred
- 5+ years of experience as an Accountant and Systems Analyst
- Must have advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, including macros, pivots/charts, and financial formulas
- Must have ERP experience, preferably Syteline.
- Knowledge of VBA Access is a plus
- Successful track record of finding new efficiencies and automating existing processes to reduce rework and waste, including the elimination of manual inputting, processing, reconciling, and correcting.
- Extensive experience with computer-based manufacturing, accounting and banking applications.
- Promotable with a desire to move-up in the organization.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple requests.
- Independent worker and analytical thinker with an ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems
- You have exceptional quantitative analysis, critical thinking and problem solving skills, and thrive on working in a fast-paced environment.
- Open to learning new methods and adopting new approaches while not being trapped by past inefficient processes or methods. Coachable and eager to advance.
- Able to embrace new ideas; are adaptive, resourceful, self- aware and quick to admit and learn from mistakes
- Communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Maintain effective and constructive working relationships with others both internally and externally
If you meet the requirements, please submit your resume. Thank you.