Title: Director of Sales
Location: San Marcos, CA 92078
Salary: $130,000 - $150,000 Dependent on Experience
Full Benefits Package
Our client is a market leader of Flow, Level and Temperature instruments featuring the most advanced “thermal type” technology for sensing and managing process parameters. They have been in business for 50+ years and designs and manufacture instrumentation all over the world.
Come and lead a team of motivated Regional Sales Managers serving over 400 independent field sales and service partners
IF THESE WORDS RESONATE WITH YOU: Sales Strategist. People Manager & Mentor. Problem Solver. Adaptive. Continuous Improvement. Competitive and Analytical then please read on.
To be successful in our Director of Sales role, you will be a creative and resourceful implementer who works towards developing and executing global, national and regional growth and market penetration strategies and sales initiatives that align with organizational vision and mission.
Keep Reading IF:
YOU LOVE ALL ASPECTS OF SALES. You are an expert in sales and service in our industry. You take ownership for sales performance for the entire business segment. You understand the importance of both sales and service and have a proven track record for exceeding sales goals and metrics while exploring new markets and product development opportunities.
YOU ARE A NATURAL BORN LEADER. You believe in leading by example, creating a strong culture and motivating teams to be their best. You are a strong communicator who navigates relationships and inspires trust and collaboration. You are both able to lead an internal team of managers as well as establish the trust and rapport necessary to communicate, motivate and facilitate an independent network of channel partners, representatives and distributors.
YOU BELIEVE THE CUSTOMER IS KING. You are customer service and quality oriented, priding yourself on going above and beyond to ensure that clients are satisfied. Customer relations are of supreme importance to you and you ensure that every interaction and every deliverable exceeds their expectations. You work directly and regularly with customers in all segments ensuring complete customer commitment and execution. You are the voice of the customer when the factory needs to listen more closely.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Within the first 30 days:
- Fully understands position’s primary responsibility for establishing programs and implementing sales plans necessary to meet or exceed corporate sales forecasts, objectives and profit levels
- Is able to share the overall sales vision with ability to articulate, define, and select resources needed to implement continuously improving sales processes
- Has become familiar with company standard terms and conditions. Understands primary negotiable issues that commonly arise related to: liquidated damages, liability limitations indemnifications, terminations and IP.
Within the first 60 days and ongoing:
- Has understanding and full awareness of international sales and service location and activities. Directs the activities of the sales and service activities in Europe, China and provides advisory inputs and recommendations for the Middle Eastern company offices.
- Has completed a full review of company's Rep Support site and all Selling tools available and required by the sales channel.
- Ensures the safety policies are fully supported, understood, implemented and maintained to ensure safe work practices are enforced and in compliance with applicable health and safety requirements. This includes ensuring managers/supervisors meet their responsibilities. Is familiar with all special safety and drug testing requirements for field service personnel and additive requirements in this dept.
Within the first 90 days and going forward,
- Has visited a minimum of (3) rep offices and (10) available customers
- Has begun to establish sales and growth forecasts and strategies for meeting or exceeding both annual operating plans as well as strategic growth plans
- Has established divisional and departmental forecasts and budgets along with the CFO and CEO including operation expenses, capital equipment needs, space allocation, manpower, and all other such financial resources necessary to meet operational and long-term company objectives. etc.
- Has a fast developing understanding of company product lines, markets and competitive positioning.
By the 6th month and ongoing:
- Develops, enhances and continuously evaluates the effectiveness of sales tools and related marketing and promotional materials including the effective collaboration with Marketing, Engineering, New Product Development and the use of computerized sales tools, Syteline analysis and others differentiators to ensure the company promoting and selling products available and approved for sale. Has a comprehensive understanding of competitive positioning of all core products, has data, hit rate analysis and is providing essential feedback to improved competitiveness, price optimization and increasing close rate performance.
- Has thoroughly reviewed and updated policies for Project Management, Customer Service/Repair and Regional Sales departments
- Provides full oversight and management of any Technical Service Bulletins (TSB) issued to customers for the purpose of ensuring safe instrument operation in the field and for directing customers on various options to achieve the same
By the 12th month and ongoing:
- Has mastered all management, forecasting, and performance responsibilities and can utilize and train on any company sales or service tool
- Is ready to take on and lead any strategic company initiative with inter-departmental leadership demands
- Represents the Sales and Service enterprise and provides the voice of the customer in strategic product development teams
- Ensures that pricing strategies are followed to adequately cover company expenses as related to all material and service sales
- Has full ownership of Operational Management as well as Safety, Quality, Staff Management/Development and Financial Management of the Sales and Service Organization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Please submit an updated version of your resume for immediate and confidential consideration. Thank you!
- Bachelor’s degree in an industrial, technical or business-related field or equivalent work experience
- 15 years of relevant sales experience in manufacturing
- At least 7+ years of managing inside & outside sales and service team of at least 15+ team members
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with manufacturer’s representatives nationally and globally, utilized by the industrial sales organization
- Must have proven track record managing organizations in the process control or automation industry. Knowledgeable in all areas of distribution methods and third party rep or agency arrangements and exceptional at training, motivating and integrating the sales channel
- Globally savvy and experienced with international sales, terms, methods, practices and exposures.
- Technically proficient with instrumentation language, bus protocols, agency and third-party product approvals and possesses the ability to read, interpret and redirect product specification work.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Microsoft Project 2013 or similar software.
- 3+ years experience with contract management as it relates to delivery of products
- Oil/gas industry experience is a plus
- Supply chain experience is a plus
- Background in Marketing, Product development can lead to additive responsibilities and levels.