Research Associate II, Product Development
Durham, North Carolina 27703
$25-$26 per hour
1 Year Contract
As the Research Associate II, Product Development, you will be supporting metered dose inhaler product development from product definition to product approval and launch.
- Conduct laboratory work related to advancing product quality and performance.
- Participate in and contribute to the design of well-controlled studies using knowledge of MDI sciences.
- Trend and analyze data with the use of statistical software.
- Complete data review and transcription verification of technical documents (e.g., reports, regulatory filings).
- Perform total can assay using HPLC for analysis, valve force profiling, and simulated use testing with the use of FD-10 for firing down MDIs.
- Review and sign off on colleagues’ notebooks.
- Interact with other functional areas (Analytical, NCMF, QA) to get studies conducted and reviewed.
- Communicate project status and concerns to team.
- Document laboratory work in electronic laboratory notebook following good documentation practices.
- Maintain the lab in a cGLP manner and keep up to date with GMP/GSP and safety regulations.
- University degree, preferably in the field of chemistry, pharmaceutics, biology or engineering. Some chemistry laboratory course work required.
- B.S. with 3-7+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Hands-on laboratory experience with a variety of techniques and equipment is desirable; HPLC/GC experience is preferred.
- Familiar with safe laboratory practices. Previous experience working with hazardous materials is preferred.
- Competency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook) preferred.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and through technical writing (documentation of laboratory experiments).
- Familiar with a variety of laboratory techniques and instrumentation including computed tomography, SEM/EDX, and Instron for force profiling.
Please submit your resume for consideration!