Network Operations Center (NOC) Technician
Los Angeles, CA 90064
$30.00 - $35.00 Hourly (Weekly Pay!)
6 Month Contract
Our client, a leading global Esports video game producer based in Los Angeles is seeking a NOC Technician. As a NOC Technician, you will report to the NOC Manager and work closely with the Operations team globally to establish and maintain a high-performing and highly available game service for players around the world. You’ll monitor and support all aspects of production environments, development environments, and general system needs. Your tech skills and grasp of gamer lingo will help you diagnose and communicate potential issues to players and the community, improving the quality of the player experience.
What your day might look like:
We like to talk to people who have the following:
- You will be the first responder and fixer for anything from server, network, and other infrastructure related problems, to in-game issues, internal incidents, and more.
- You will need to be comfortable multitasking to reactively address issues effecting players and service.
- You will need to communicate emergent issues internally and with players.
Please submit an updated version of your resume for immediate and confidential consideration. Thank you!
- 1+ years in NOC or Live Operations
- BS/BA in CS or MIS, and/or you’ve worked as a Systems Administrator, Junior Network Engineer, or Associate DBA and have experience with many of the following, and are comfortable working with them daily:
- Monitoring solutions eg: Nagios, Elastic Search, Grafana
- Diagnostic tools
- ITIL based Ticketing systems
- Exposure to Linux and Windows systems implementations, understanding of core concepts of operating systems and networking, and/or have worked on programming projects
- Familiar with online gaming, including performance concerns and impacts
- High attention to detail and ability to quickly diagnose issues, then route to the proper "fixer"
- Understand online gaming - The NOC must empathize, interpret, and respond to player-impacting issues
- Confidentiality- NOC will have access to multiple areas of the game
- HIGH sense of urgency- you have worked in high paced immediate response environments