Mechatronics & Robotics Apprentice - Indianapolis, Indiana
$18.48 per hour (raises every 6 months)
This apprenticeship opportunity is for U.S. citizens who have served in the U.S. Armed Forces including Reserves and National Guard and military spouses.
In this role, you will learn to perform the job of Mechatronics & Robotics Technician. During this apprenticeship you will learn to install, alter, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain electronic, mechanical, computer, control, and robotics/automation equipment, systems, and components in a complex fulfillment/distribution center.
In this apprenticeship you will learn:
- Follows work processes closely at school and on the shop floor to ensure a safe environment while job shadowing with technical advisor in OJL.
- Communicates and works well within a team environment both in school and in OJL.
- Works closely with technical documentation.
- Learn to work with material transfer conveyors.
- Understand, identify, locate malfunctions, remove, replace, adjust, and return to service following the lead of experienced technical advisors.
- Learns PLCs and works with Automation Engineers in a laboratory environment.
- Work with robotic systems and work with Robotics Engineers and OEMs in a real environment.
- Military Veterans
- Must meet the minimum qualifying score on a Mechanical Aptitude Test.
- Previous or current Vincennes University students must be in good standing with the school both academically and financially.
- Must be able to perform all physical duties such as heavy lifting, prolonged standing, bending, twisting and reaching.
- Applicants must be able to work any shift.
- Applicants must be open to relocation after completion of the related instruction 30 months into the program.
- Must be comfortable with working on a computer.
Please submit your resume for consideration!