Los Angeles, CA 90064
Up to $62.00 Hourly (Weekly Pay)
8 Month Contract
Summary of the Role:
Our client, a globally renowned Esports video game producer, is seeking a Senior Accountant
to join the Finance team. As a Senior Accountant,
your precise and timely work maintaining accurate financial records will ensure that we keep the lights on, the servers humming and the games launching. Your hands-on accounting experience and in-depth understanding of accounting principals ensure the general ledger is keeping the company on firm footing. You will guide and mentor junior accountants on their career quests and help them level up their skills. Your real passion for accurate financial reporting will help to ensure the company can stay focused on our players throughout the globe.
What your day might look like:
We like to talk to people who have the following:
- Deeply understand accounts, identify unusual transactions, research the proper accounting treatment and propose a resolution.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations.
- Prepare journal entries, accurately enter transactions utilizing Oracle.
- Investigate fluctuations and monitor trends in the accounts. Work with other teams to gain a deep understanding of the story behind the movements.
- Prepare accurate, timely financial reports for our established month-end reporting schedule. Improve existing processes by finding ways to add efficiency or quality.
- Collaborate with your teammates in both local and international offices. Engage in training opportunities for yourself and the broader team.
- Mentor staff accountants by helping them explore their passions and move their careers forward. Set a high bar, pay attention to detail, have a hardworking and intellectually curious mindset, and can effectively problem seek in a dynamic environment.
Please submit an updated version of your resume for immediate and confidential consideration. Thank you!
- BA in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- 4+ (four) years experience in public or corporate accounting
- CPA preferred
- Knowledge of GAAP standards
- Strong Accruals knowledge – Understanding of the Matching Principle and how it correlates to the procure to pay process. Well-versed and highly organized in the finer details of how to generate and relieve accrual transactions.
- Proficiency in Excel – Pivot tables, lookup functions, and able to compare/link different sources of data.
- Strong analytical skills – Comfortable with large volumes of data and able to identify trends and patterns via various forms of data presentation without compromising data’s accuracy/integrity.
- Skillful communicator – Able to effectively and efficiently work with cross-functional teams to research and follow up on data discrepancies and irregularities.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity - Especially in a business environment with nontraditional structure and processes.
- Coupa and Oracle system experience preferred