Strategy Associate- Merchandise & New Business
Los Angeles, CA
$45-$55 per hour DOE
Our client is a leading eSports video game developer, publisher, and tournament organizer is seeking a Merch Strategy Associate
who will provide strategic support and problem solving towards product development, eCommerce, marketing, brand collaborations, and logistics. You will be responsible to empower key business operational functions through data and analysis in ways that will help steer the overall Merch business towards greatest player impact. If you possess high professionalism, accountability, and drive we’d love to hear from you!
- Work autonomously, following goals set by leadership.
- Identify any gaps or areas of improvement, propose solutions.
- Optimize the merchandise business.
- Contribute to the objectives for merch’s overall business and channel strategy
- Support Strategic decisions through detailed financial modeling and data analysis
- Complete detailed performance tracking and monthly performance reports
- Competitive Market & New Opportunity Research/ Go-To-Market Strategies
- Conduct player research
- Ad-hoc data & analytics support
- Maintain and develop Data pipeline.
- Play a part in Analytical Tool Development (creating intuitive, easy-to-use data tools for merch product owners and other team members to help improve their decision making)
- 2-4 years of related experience in strategy consulting, investment banking, or corporate strategy required; prior experience with eCommerce, Tech, Gaming, or Entertainment sections a plus.
- Experience with International finance.
- Must have experience completing monthly financial dashboards.
- Exceptional analytical abilities, including advanced modeling skills
- Highly proficient in excel and PowerPoint (banker or consulting level skills)
- Strong database skills- Tableau & SCL
- Proficient in SQL
- Foundational accounting/ finance skills (should be able to read & structure financial statements)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Developed range of consulting skills from research to the development of strategic recommendations
- Strength in creating visually compelling presentations, including communicating complex ideas and data sets graphically in an effective way
- Exceptional teamwork and collaboration skills
- Timely decision making and time management skills
- Strong interest in or passion for gaming industry
- Knowledge of Shopify and Licensing experience is a plus!
Please submit your resume for consideration!