Title: Financial Accounting Analyst
Location: San Diego, CA 92123
Pay Rate: $55K-$60K
Benefits: Medical/Dental and Vision
A leading nonprofit in central San Diego is seeking a Financial Accounting Analyst to join their team. They are looking for someone who us positive and enjoys working around others. A candidate with a great analytical side who is looking to grow their career.
• Analyze cost and production data.
• Study all proposed changes in methods and production and recommend new actions as needed.
• Reviews and tracks all program budget information ensuring contract compliance.
• Prepare and process adjusting journal entries.
• Create templates and spreadsheets to aid with data collection and presentation.
• Produces invoices for presentation to contracting authority for payment of contract funds.
• Audit for compliance and for audit preparation.
• Responds to questions from program representatives and/or Executive Management regarding proper charging of contact expenses and to questions from contracting agency personnel regarding fiscal information pertinent to contract budget execution.
• Coordinates with Cash Management department and funding agency personnel to ensure proper posting of cash receipts and timely payment
• 4yr college degree in Finance or Accounting
• 2-5 yrs of financial analysis experience specialized in budgetary accounting.
• Must have experience with budgeting, forecasting, analytics, and cost accounting
• Advanced MS Excel skills required
• Knowledge of Accounting Information Systems, preferably MS Great Plains or Netsuite.
• Advanced MS Windows-based operating system skills
• Requires a team player who has a growth mindset.
• Excellent communication skills required
• Comfortable working closely with other team members.
• Must be coachable and easy to work with
• Travel 10-15% to different programs
• Must pass background check
Please submit your resume. Thank you!