San Diego, CA 92161Salary:
$18.00 - $22.00 Hourly (Weekly Pay!)4 Month ContractSummary:
Our client and its researchers are addressing the unique health concerns experienced by our fine men and women who voluntarily risk their lives to serve our country and to defend our values. They are seeking an HR Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical duties to support the Human Resources Department, as well as tasks for specific functions within the department such as payroll and benefits.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Assists with Recruitment activities such as posting jobs, screening applicants, coordinating interviews and new hire paperwork.
- Assists with payroll related duties, such as timesheet review and payroll entries as needed.
- Assists with benefits administration and benefits reconciliation.
- Assists with the processing of personnel agreement paperwork.
- Provides and collects forms, and may record data related to employee information such as personal data, compensation, benefits, tax data, attendance, performance reviews or evaluations, and termination date and reason.
- Assists employees with documents and processes related to company employment and VA appointments.
- Compiles and enters data pertaining to employees and prepares reports.
- Utilizes various mechanisms and databases to track the progress of tasks required of employees, including those related to new hire paperwork, appointments, performance reviews, annual competencies, mandatory training, etc.
- Creates and maintains personnel and benefits files and packets.
- Maintains and prepares ordering of office supplies.
- Assists with HR projects.
- May perform other duties as required.
Please submit an updated version of your resume for immediate and confidential consideration. Thank you!
- 1-2+ years of administrative experience in an HR department or team
- Experience posting jobs, screening candidates
- Onboarding and data entry experience
- Familiarity with an HRIS system; technology/system savvy
- MS Excel proficiency - some benefits reconciliation and payroll related reporting may be required
- Ability to follow directions, and also ask for clarification when needed
- Strong attention to detail
- Critical thinking skills; ability to see the impact your role has on the department and company as a whole