Durham, North Carolina 27703
$27 per hour (Weekly pay)12 Month Contract (potential for extension)
As the equipment technician
you will implement and maintain manufacturing and test equipment. In this role you will apply your technical expertise to develop technical solutions to complex problems.Responsibilities:
- Prepare production equipment for qualification: change control, turn over package preparation and review, testing, and validation
- Manage fabrication of custom components.
- Develop new training documents and train manufacturing technicians when needed.
- Conduct preventative maintenance activities.
- Assist in maintaining equipment records pertaining to preventative maintenance, calibration activities, and equipment service contracts
- Assist with equipment / process diagnosis and problem solving
- Improve operations by communicating any production issues to management.
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Recommend changes or upgrades to equipment.
- Maintain equipment, parts, and supplies inventory by checking stock levels, anticipating needs, placing and expediting orders.
- Participate in staff meetings and special project teams where required.
- Follows all corporate and regulatory requirements to ensure product integrity and quality control.
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Observe and follow all safe operation practices
- Routinely inspect facility safety equipment
- Maintain a clean and clutter-free production environment
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree (degree in science, technology, or engineering preferred)
- 2-5yrs Equipment Tech experience or related field.
- Must pass background check
- Experience in preparing production equipment for qualification: change control, turn over package preparation and review, testing, and validation
- Experienced in managing fabrication of custom components
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical production facility preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of maintaining equipment, parts, and supplies inventory and anticipating needs, placing and expediting orders.
- Ability to conduct a wide range of manufacturing efforts in GMP and R&D contexts.
- Be able to work with various chemicals once given proper protective equipment and training.
- Be able to lift 50 pounds of weight repeatedly and safely.
- Be capable of operating a computer and sitting for extended periods.
- Good oral and written communication skills with an ability to work in cross-functional product development and manufacturing teams.
- Willingness to cross train to support manufacturing or packaging campaigns.
Please submit your resume for consideration!