QA Inspector - Garden Grove, CA 92840
$25-$30 per hour DOE
3 Month Contract
Our client offers a comprehensive portfolio of semiconductor and system solutions for communications, defense & security, aerospace and industrial markets. Products include high-performance and radiation-hardened analog mixed-signal integrated circuits, FPGAs, SoCs and ASICs; power management products; timing and synchronization devices and precise time solutions, setting the world's standard for time; voice processing devices; RF solutions; discrete components; enterprise storage and communication solutions, security technologies and scalable anti-tamper products; Ethernet solutions; Power-over-Ethernet ICs and midspans; as well as custom design capabilities and services.
The starting position will be temporary contract with potential full-time hire. The role provides direct support of Power Supply Assembly and Relay Product lines. As such, a desired candidate will have considerable experience with inspection activities related to electronic parts, mechanical parts, PWB’s, magnetics, circuit boards and final assembly of products. Role includes supporting receiving and in-process inspections. The candidate must be able to communicate effectively with work associates and with customers.
- Perform inspection tasks of materials, circuit board assemblies, magnetics and final products to ensure workmanship complies with requirements.
- Present hardware during source inspections to customers and government representatives.
- Perform inspection on electronic components and assemblies by using microscopes or mechanical instruments to determine adherence to specifications.
- Use precision measuring instruments to ensure that mechanical parameters are within
- Verify completeness of documentation as required per work order traveler and internal
- Verify assembly or test set-up and perform first-article inspections per requirements of work order traveler, engineering drawings and process procedures.
- Participate in preparation of data package and/or data entries as required.
- Assist and participate in failure investigations, root cause analysis and corrective action
- activities, metrics creation and quality improvement projects.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; or equivalent relevant work experience is required.
- Minimum 2 years direct working experience as a printed wiring board (circuit card) assembly (PCBA / PWBA) inspector is required.
- Prior working experience as Quality Inspector for military, aerospace or defense products is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of direct working experience as a mechanical inspector is required.
- Minimum 1 year experience in performing first article inspection is required.
- Work experience with electronic assembly and familiar with J-STD-001 Class 3, IPC-A-610 and Military Standards. Current J-STD-001 and NASA training or certification holder is preferred.
- Must be able to read and understand engineering drawings, diagrams, bill of materials, specifications, process procedures, and understand basic geometric dimension and tolerance.
- Must have direct hand-on experience with inspection instruments such as micrometers, calipers, height gauges, standard and special gauges, pull testers, microscopes, etc. Familiar and direct hand-on experience in use CMM for dimensional measurement is a big plus.
- Must have the ability to work with people at various levels, including operators, inspectors, manufacturing supervisor, quality & manufacturing engineers, customer and government representatives.
- Proficient in MS Office software such as Outlook, Excel, and Word for data collection and data entry, familiarity with Internet usage is required.
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours when required (i.e. overtime, irregular schedule or working on the weekend when required).
- Must be willing to travel, although travel is rare (Less than 1%).
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Please submit your resume for consideration!