Newark, Delaware 19702
$50 per hour (weekly pay)
10-12 month Contract (potential for extension)
As the Chemist
you will coordinate and execute the flow of QC testing activities within the Laboratory. This will include sample receipt, preparation and execution of QC testing, review and approval of data. You will also be involved in scheduling and workload planning, monitoring for trends and abnormalities, project work, and laboratory investigations. Responsibilities:
- Perform routine and non-routine laboratory testing.
- Perform or lead project work, including tech transfers, method and equipment/software validations.
- Author, review, or approve supporting documentation relevant to the laboratory.
- Serve as a SME and technical leader in the laboratory, laboratory equipment, processes, software, or systems, troubleshooting roadblocks, and training other employees as needed.
- Serve on global teams and forums, functioning as a SME for global systems as appropriate.
- Enter, process, and review data in various software programs like, LIMS, Empower, SAP, etc.
- Reviews and approves QC data, while monitoring for trends and abnormalities. Reports, and acts on data results.
- Serves as the main point of contact for testing, contract services, and special testing requests including PET investigations and validations.
- Performs general maintenance/preventative maintenance/calibration activities when appropriate.
- Serves as a SME for the raw material program, including sampling and testing, review and release.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal communication with personnel inside and outside of QC.
- Represents the QC lab during audits and regulatory inspections.
- Performs tasks typically assigned to the Senior QC Technician role as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science subject (Chemistry, or closely related subjects). Actual degree requirements will be set at time of hiring, depending on current business needs OR prior experience and demonstrated capability through the QC Senior Technician role.
- 2 years of chemistry laboratory experience.
- High level of knowledge and competence with a specific piece of laboratory equipment, or a QC/QA process or system.
- GMP experience.
- Must pass background check. US citizenship required.
Please submit your resume. Thank you!