Collections Specialist 1
Atlanta, GA 30305
$16.75 per hour
3 month Contract (potential for permanent)
The Collections Specialist
will locate and notify customers of behind accounts by mail, telephone, and/or personal visits to solicit payment. They will also be responsible for receiving payments, preparing statements for credit departments, and keeping records of collections. This position would be located within the Emergency Department of a hospital.
- Locate and monitor overdue accounts.
- Receive payments.
- Post any amounts paid to customer accounts.
- Communicate with customers to find out reasons for overdue payments- this may be done in person or over the phone.
- Review terms of sales, services, or credit contracts with customers.
- Positively influence customers to pay all amounts due- these include credit accounts, damage claims or non-payable checks, or the return of merchandise.
- Arrange custom repayment schedules based off customer’s needs.
- Ability to document and record customer and client information.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- 1-year experience in collections.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Proficient in math.
- Previous experience in a medical, clinical, or health care setting is preferred.
- Proficient in Word.
Please submit your resume for consideration!