Title: Global Network Engineer(Reliability)
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Direct Hire/ Permanent
Hours: Full-time M-F
Our client is global communications company that believes everyone and everything in the world can be connected! For more than 30 years, they have helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and military around the world communicate.
They are looking for a dynamic Global Network Engineer(Reliability) that will work with internal customers and teams, product owners, external vendors, carriers, and ISPs. The team is accountable for engineering, configuration, security, availability, and performance of current and newly developing enterprise networks supporting corporate, lab, internet, data center, cloud, and extranet connectivity. Team members will also work to identify and create automation solutions for repetitive tasks, configuration consistency, monitoring, testing, performance baselining, benchmarking, and continuous improvement to streamline processes and gather metrics.
- Manage the global enterprise backbone. Including: traffic engineering, capacity planning, path diversity, quality of service (QoS)
- Support a 24x7 global high availability enterprise network that spans across numerous sites, including private and public clouds, by participating in an on-call rotation
- Design, document, deploy, and support new global and hybrid enterprise network architectures
- Prevent outages and degradation of services globally across the enterprise.
- Create network diagrams, technical specifications, and standard operating procedures
- Define, develop, and own backend services such as monitoring, management, and alerting, for a complex and rapidly expanding enterprise network
- Collaborate within, and across, agile teams to diagnose and remediate challenges
- Design, deploy, and be accountable for innovative solutions agile teams require to meet their own product deliverables
- Instrument performance analysis and develop optimization solutions using dashboards, metrics, and KPIs for others to consume
- Build awareness and self-service of the enterprise network status, health, and performance for customers to consume
- Recognize, prioritize, and execute tasks in a dynamic and high-pressure environment
- Automate as much as possible using frameworks, code, and APIs
- 5+yr operating and managing global enterprise networks focused on reliability.
- Successful track record of operating large enterprise networks and developing secure scalable solutions is a requirement
- Experience in a multi-vendor environment
- Advanced knowledge of: Network routing, traffic engineering, QoS, telemetry, and segmentation
- Working knowledge of: Physical layer concepts and technologies
- Working knowledge of: Peering and transit interconnection relationships
- Advanced knowledge of: Cloud technologies and architectures
- Understanding of underlay/overlay networking concepts
- Robust Troubleshooting skills to address complex problems and develop innovative solutions
- Experience with automation frameworks and the creation of workflows to automate network tasks
- Experience using and deploying open source tools
- Experience writing code using a formal programming language in a multi-developer environment
- Comfortable working with Linux, REST APIs, SNMP, visualization tools, and time-series data
- Experience designing and managing scalable hybrid cloud networks
- Desire to challenge yourself, learn, and continually improve in a fast-paced environment
- Pass background check. US Citizenship Required
- Advanced level certification in a network discipline (CCIE, JNCIE, etc.)
- Experience with Continuous Integration and source control tools such as Jenkins/Maven, Bamboo, Git, Artifactory, etc.
Please submit your resume for consideration. Thank you!