Title: Information System Security Officer(DOD)
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Direct Hire/ Permanent
Pay rate: $90k/year
Hours: Full-time M-F
Our client is global communications company that believes everyone and everything in the world can be connected! For more than 30 years, they have helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and military around the world communicate.
They are looking for a dynamic experienced Information System Security Officer that will play an important role to the key success of the team. Keeping their systems, technology and employees safe is a key priority for our client. If you thrive on this type of pressure and love the challenge associated with incident resolution. You will focus on providing technical support for company’s Corporate Information Assurance Manager (IAM).
- Perform several aspects of the computer security program enabling the company to meet contractual requirements in accordance with contract requirements.
- Conduct regular audits to ensure that systems are being operated securely.
- Making sure computer security policies/procedures are implemented as defined in security plans.
- Provide technical and user support for several stand-alone, LAN and WAN systems
- Maintain records of HW/SW revisions, perform various configuration management activities, virus updates, set up of user accounts, reset passwords, etc., ensuring all documentation is notated as required.
- Participate in contamination network cleanup activities related to possible computer security violations/incidents
- Respond to queries and requests for computer security information and reports
- Support responsibilities may include various levels of activities for company’s remote cleared facilities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Active US Top Secret/SCI Clearance is required. If not active, must be within a year.
- Must have experience with RMF (risk management framework) and Linux.
- Requires a strong IT Technical side
- 2+ years of experience in the functionality of common software programs and systems hardware functions to include, but not limited to: Windows Client and Server Operating Systems (WIN 10, Win Server 2008R2, Win Server 2016); Sun Solaris, Linux (e.g. Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu); Active Directory; Group Policy, TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP
- 2+ years as an Information System Security Officer in a DoD, IC, or other industrial security program
- DoD 8570.1/DoD 8140.01 Certification - Security+ CE a minimum
- Experience with Windows and Linux/UNIX integration, account creation, administration, troubleshooting, file system maintenance, and backup applications
- In-depth understanding of ICD 503, Joint Special Access Program Implementation Guide (JSIG) and overall understanding of DoD Risk Manage Framework (RMF) process.
- Strong working knowledge of system backup and patch management software.
- Possess the interpersonal skills necessary to deal courteously and effectively with a diverse group of individuals
- U.S. Government position, citizenship required
- Pass background check
- 2+ years of experience in managing Routers and Switches (CISCO certifications a plus)
- 2+ years of experience with the design, implementation and administration of VMWare Virtual solutions
- 2+ years of experience in managing Microsoft Exchange Server
- Experience working with vulnerability and compliance scanning tools. (Nessus, SCAP, ACAS)
Please submit your resume for consideration. Thank you!