Human Resources Generalist - Part Time
San Diego, CA 92111
$18.00 - $20.00 Hourly (Weekly Pay)
3 days per week (approx. 20 hours)
Contract to Hire
is a premier provider of complex design and engineering services to the aerospace and defense industry. Additionally, they provide program management support to many of their clients' R&D departments and are actively engaged in the development of several next generation platforms.
The HR Generalist will provide routine HR support functions to maintain current employee record and files. Run data retrieval reports. Provide new employee training and assemble new employee information books. Maintain training records of all employees
Qualifications and Experience:
- Represent the company as the first tier go to representative for all HR actions;
- Handles employee relations, addressing company wide HR related questions and concerns.
- Coordinate EEO employee potential issues with management. liaison, to include discrimination, harassment, and/or disparate treatment issues
- Advises employees and managers of the human resources policies, procedures, and programs
- Assist in the update and maintenance of the employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Maintains site records including training, meeting quality and regulatory requirements
- Assists in the implementation of the recruiting processes including job posting, maintenance of selection records, employment verification and reference checks, drug screening, and other related activities
- Input of new employee job offer data into Workday
- Assist in the conduct of new employee first day training and on-boarding
- Assist in coordinating benefits administration including open enrollment and annual changes
- Support the administration of leaves of absence – FMLA, STD, LTD, military leave, non-FMLA medical leave, and personal leave of absence (non-medical)
- Assists in the development of the Affirmative Action Plan, establishes goals for the site, and provides annual training as required
- Process terminations as needed to include entering data into HRIS, providing employee notifications, and conducting exit interviews
- Maintains required safety and injury records
- Maintain confidentiality as it pertains to all Human Resource and Payroll information
Please submit an updated version of your resume for immediate consideration. Thank you!
- 2+ years experience in progressive and hands-on Human Resources role
- Workday, TSheets proficiency REQUIRED
- Experience processing Payroll preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detail oriented, a self-starter, and work well independently with limited direct supervision