Title: Desktop Automation Analyst
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Term: 6-12 month contract (Potential for extension)
Pay rate: $38-$45hr (Weekly Pay)
Hours: Full-time M-F
US Citizenship required
Our client is global communications company that believes everyone and everything in the world can be connected! For more than 30 years, they have helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and military around the world communicate. They are seeking a Desktop Automation Analyst
that has a passion for educating, training, designing, building products for a diverse set of customers.
- As par the End User Productivity team, you will be one of several technology experts in endpoint service automation from Windows, MacOS, Linux, laptops, mobile devices, desktops, WiFi, remote access, hardwired connectivity with a focus on supporting the Windows, Mac & Linux platforms in a scalable way.
- Deliver end user client images and software packages to your customers in a touchless manner, ensuring high quality assurance, taking escalations from the support teams
- understanding of the technical features and tools while also having a strong desire to meet minimum UX experience levels within your product
- Platforms’ responsibilities also include the security of all client devices, automation of application packaging and delivery, patch management, secure wired and wireless connectivity
- Work with the team to develop and implement “cloud-first” solutions
- Collaborate with others in the development of automated solutions that drive functionality and lower manual efforts making the team and product more effective
- Identify problems early, clear roadblocks, build trust with other teams, and communicate clearly and concisely.
- Passion for educating, training, designing, building products for a diverse set of customers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related discipline, or equivalent IT or software development experience.
- 2-5yrs of hands-on experience supporting endpoint deployment processes, including endpoint patch management, encryption and security controls of 500+ client environment.
- Experience or Certification in SCCM or JAMF/JSS management tools
- Experience with automated patch management of 3rd Party apps and Operating systems
- Has experience with technology for endpoint management such as SCCM, JAMF, Puppet, Ansible, or Chef.
- Solid networking knowledge: TCP/IP, IPSEC, VPN, NAT, Routing Protocols, Firewalls, AAA
- Solid working knowledge of Windows, Linux, and Apple/Mac environments
- An Ability to deploy, maintain and update a standard image for desktops (physical and virtual), notebooks, and mobile systems, including Windows, Linux and MAC OS.
- Ensures all responsibilities include proper documentation for creation, deployment, patching, securing, asset tracking, lifecycle and hardware/software support.
- Collaborates with the other product teams and staff to assist with technical analysis and problem resolution on any system issues affecting endpoints and/or end-user applications.
- May be required to participate in an on-call rotation with the team to ensure 24x7 support of critical services.
- Understanding of Ansible with a practical knowledge of how to deploy systems and playbooks in an automated fashion.
- US Citizenship required. Sponsorship not provided
- Solid Experience with structured development languages (Java, C++, etc) or advanced experience with scripting (Powershell, Python, Bash, etc.)
- Solid understanding of the SDLC process, version control software, and experience with working within a CI/CD pipeline.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation for systems imaging and deployment of endpoint technologies, including Windows and MAC OS.
- Ability to manage systems deployment process including: concept, design, creation, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal of Windows and MAC OS.
- Is familiar with virtual application publishing, leveraging Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop technologies.
- Microsoft In-Tune & Autopilot Experience or Cloud based end point management
- Working knowledge of configuration management for endpoints, SCCM, Puppet, Ansible
- Has a strong understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy Objects
- Working knowledge of asset management for endpoints, CMDB
- Working knowledge of endpoint computing hardware, Windows 7, Windows 10, Linux
- Experience utilizing O365 for services, tools, and management of end points
Please submit your resume for consideration. Thank you!