Title: Desktop Automation Engineer
Location: Carlsbad, CA
US Citizenship required
Our client is global communications company that believes everyone and everything in the world can be connected! For more than 30 years, they have helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and military around the world communicate. They are seeking a Desktop Automation Engineer
who is passionate about sharing your unique skill set with others, training, designing and building products for a diverse set of customers.
- As part of the End User Productivity team, you will be one of several technology experts in endpoint service automation from Windows, MacOS, Linux, laptops, mobile devices, desktops, WiFi, remote access, hardwired connectivity with a focus in automating and managing the delivery of those services in a UX friendly manner in a scalable way
- Deliver end user client images and software packages to your customers in a touchless manner, ensuring high quality assurance, and constantly improving the way by which we deliver these services with a forward looking modern approach
- Understanding of the technical features and tools while also having a strong desire to meet minimum UX experience levels within your product
- Patforms’ responsibilities also include the security of all client devices, automation of application packaging and delivery, patch management, secure wired and wireless connectivity, and architecture activities in addition to the daily operational tasks and internal/external project deliverables.
- Work with the team to develop and implement “cloud-first” solutions, collaborate with others in the development of automated solutions that drive functionality and lower manual efforts making the team and product more effective.
- You have a strong understanding of the SDLC methodologies and look to automate all things to improve efficiencies within the platform.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related discipline, or equivalent IT or software development experience.
- 3+yrs hands-on experience supporting endpoint deployment processes, including endpoint patch management, encryption and security controls of 1000+ client environment.
- Experience with delivering automation to end user productivity solutions including but not limited to desktop, laptop, and mobile device image deployment and software packaging automation.
- Must be business focused, entrepreneur mindset and enjoys engaging with executives and businesses
- Prior experience in building automated solutions through tools and software that enable infrastructure to be remotely provisioned, configured and decommissioned.
- Practical Agile Scrum & Dev/Ops experience with a technical team
- Understanding of how to take a globally scalable approach to endpoint refresh and deployment using automation towards a 'touch-less' migration experience for end-users globally.
- Strong networking knowledge: TCP/IP, IPSEC, VPN, NAT, Routing Protocols, Firewalls, AAA
- Solid working knowledge of Windows and Linux environments
- Solid Experience with structured development languages (Java, C++, etc) or advanced experience with scripting (Powershell, Python, Bash, etc.)
- Solid understanding of the SDLC process, version control software, and experience with working within a CI/CD pipeline.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation for systems imaging and deployment of endpoint technologies, including Windows and MAC OS.
- Ability to manage systems deployment process including: concept, design, creation, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal of Windows and MAC OS.
- An Ability to deploy, maintain and update a standard image for desktops (physical and virtual), notebooks, and mobile systems, including Windows, Linux and MAC OS.
- Ensures all responsibilities include proper documentation for creation, deployment, patching, securing, asset tracking, lifecycle and hardware/software support.
- Manages a proactive approach to endpoint refresh using automation towards a 'touch-less' migration experience for end-users.
- Has experience with technology for endpoint management such as SCCM, JAMF, Puppet, Ansible, or Chef.
- Has a strong understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy Objects
- Collaborates with the other product teams and staff to assist with technical analysis and problem resolution on any system issues affecting endpoints and/or end-user applications.
- May be required to participate in an on-call rotation with the team to ensure 24x7 support of critical services.
- Understanding of Ansible with a practical knowledge of how to deploy systems and playbooks in an automated fashion.
- Is familiar with virtual application publishing, leveraging Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop technologies.
- Microsoft In-Tune & Autopilot Experience or Cloud based end point management
- Working knowledge of configuration management for endpoints, SCCM, JAMF
- Working knowledge of asset management for endpoints, CMDB
- Working knowledge of endpoint computing hardware, Windows 7, Windows 10, MAC OSX, Linux
- Experience utilizing O365 for services, tools, and management of end points
- Ability to manage multiple and often conflicting tasks
- Ability to effectively manage large, complex information technology projects
Please submit your resume for consideration. Thank you!