Program Cost Control - San Diego, CA
Pay Range: $80,000-90,000
Benefits on day one!
A leading defense company in central San Diego is seeking a Program Cost Control Analyst to join their Finance team. A successful candidate will interface with the program managers to meet program requirements in a government contracting environment. A candidate with working knowledge of Earned Value concepts are valued.
- As a Program Cost Control Analyst you will assist in analyzing cost and schedule performance for moderate to large projects, using tools such as Contract Funds Status Reports, Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and Earned Value Management (EVM).
- Provide financial assistance to Program Managers, engineers, and finance through preparation, monitoring and providing oversight of program accounts.
- Ensures compliance with internal and external procedures, such as government procurement regulations.
- Perform cost assessments to identify and mitigate program risks
- Track, report and interface with the program team to develop and status schedule requirements, monitoring cost performance against plans to ensure contractual cost obligations are met
- Support the generation of program status reports such as preparation of financial inputs to internal reports and presentations
- The Program Cost Control Analyst will monitor for adequate funding availability by maintaining accurate records of expenditures, directing preparation of expenditure projections, and supporting timely requests for additional funding to the customer.
- Incorporates contractual changes into financial control systems to maintain realistic contract cost and schedule baselines.
- As a Program Cost Control Analyst, you will assist in developing financial controls, procedures, systems and forecasting techniques to evaluate contract/program status and ensure compliance with government and customer requirements.
- Improve and maintain 5S in your area; make suggestions for improvements.
- Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem-solving
- Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Three (3) years of creating and analyzing financial data for program control in a fast pace manufacturing environment, with government contract exposure; strong analytical skills with excellent attention to details
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Finance or Accounting (BA), or Economics; Master in Business Administration (MBA), a plus.
- EVMS and COBRA experience required
If your skill set matches the above description, please submit a Word document of your resume for immediate consideration.